Thursday, April 23, 2020

First Day of Ramadan 1441 H. in Kuching



On 23 April, six face masks were deposited in our letter box, compliments from the State gov't.

As usual I'm taking this  first day of Ramadan  easy because I need to adjust my body system to the fasting regime. I traveled to Kuching with Mrs on the 10th of March and after staying overnight at Sarikei, we continued the journey to Kuching the next day.  The main reason to go to Kuching was to attend Azrul's engagement ceremony. Fortunately or unfortunately, the Covid-19 pandemic that spread worldwide was felt by Malaysia and Sarawak too.  On the 18th of March, the whole country was under lockdown.

This trip to Kuching and the resultant lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic has enabled me to clean-up my various blogs.  This is a rare opportunity because this time around I have extra 1 Gig of data daily, compliments from Celcom, 24x7 electricity, and lots of time available.   I am therefore happy to be spending the first day of Ramadan (1441 H.) in Kuching. I have not much to complain about the lockdown for at this age I'm looking at this unprecedented event from the positive side.

I'll take much time to re-evaluate, re-think of my life- moving forward.

I believe this is an opportunity for me to get prepared and ready to take-up bigger things, post Covid 19 pandemic.

Azrul's fiance with my sisters, 15th March,2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment